Broccoli Soup-Gluten Free/Soy Free
I am very excited because today, for the first time, I will be sharing a great tasting gluten free, soy free recipe. Since the weather outside is, well lets just say, “down right cold” I have chosen broccoli soup.
The original recipe was created by Mee McCormick from Pinewood Store & Kitchen and featured on WSMV’s Mondays with Mee.
I made some changes to Mee’s recipe because I like broth in my soups. However, regardless of whether you like your soup thick or thin this recipe supports good immune health. And that, along with it’s great taste, is why I love it.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 medium onion- chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 clove garlic-smashed
8 Klondike gourmet petite potatoes
4 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup miso paste(chick pea soy free)
Sharp cheddar for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except the miso, nutritional yeast and cheddar cheese, in a medium saucepan. Stir.
- Pour enough water into the pan to just cover everything.
- Cook on medium heat for 20-30 minutes. (don’t overcook-just until everything is tender)
- Remove the cooked potatoes from the pan and mash with a potato masher then return them to the pan.
- Add the Miso and nutritional yeast. Stir until the Miso is dissolved.
- Place in a bowl and add the cheese to garnish if desired.
I hope you love this soup as much as my family does. Feel free to leave questions in the comment section. I would love to hear from you.